Here's a list of things to do on and around Old Orchard Beach's 7 mile Beach. If you don't see anything you like, ask our staff! We'll gladly help you find something that suits your needs.
-- The BALLPARK in Old Orchard Beach - "OOB Surge" ECBL Independent Pro Team! Also SMAA and SMBL games. For more info, check the Ballpark's Website.
--Maine Horseback Riding - Our trails are unbeatable in New England. Visitors can ride to three different restaurants for lunch, visit several breath-taking mountaintop views and gallop on superb footing on Nature Conservancy Land. Our patrons enjoy well-kept, conditioned, healthy trail horses and knowledgeable safety-minded guides. Also offering carriage Tours through touristy Old Orchard Beach, quaint Freeport, or small town Casco along Parker Pond. More information at maine-horse-trails.com! 69 Leach Hill Rd, Casco, Maine 04015
-- Arundel Barn Playhouse - Summer Theater 20 minutes south of Old Orchard Beach just off Rt One. 53 Old Post Road. Arundel, Maine. 985-5552
--Portland SeaDogs 1.800.936.3647
Eastern League AA affiliate of the Boston Red Sox. Catch a game at Hadlock Field in Portland!
--Desert of Maine – Natural phenomenon, narrated tours, nature trails, museum. Open early May to mid October daily. 95 Desert Road, Freeport, 865-6962
--DownEast Duck Adventures
Splash into history on this fun narrated 65 minute adventure through Portland! 177 Commercial Street, Portland.
(207) 774-DUCK (3825)
--Vacationland Bowling & Recreation Center - Rt 1 Saco, 284-7386
- WILD LIFE REFUGE, STATE PARKS, OUTDOOR WALKS
- --Ferry Beach State Park - 117 acres of beach and nature trails. Off Route 9 in Saco. 283-0067.
- --Maine Wildlife Park – Moose, Bear, Deer, Cougars, Eagles and more. Nature Trail and Displays. Rt 26, 56 Game Farm Road, Gray, 657-4977 (Exit 11 off the I-495, Maine Turnpike)
- --Marginal Way Scenic Walk - Ogunquit one-mile path along coast. Ends in Perkins Cove.
canoe tours in addition to exhibits, a nature store, and canoe rentals. (207) 883-5100 May-September
--Scarborough Marsh Center - http://www.maineaudubon.org/explore/centers/marsh2.shtml
Scarborough Marsh Audubon Center offers a variety of guided and self-guided walks and
- --The Eastern Trail - a 65 mile section of the East Coast Greenway, a transportation-recreation greenway connecting Kittery, in southernmost Maine to Casco Bay in South Portland! For more info click here!
- --Cape Elizabeth Light/Two Lights State Park – Two lighthouses are perched atop the rocky shoreline. Off Rt. 77 in Cape Elizabeth.
- --Spring Point Lighthouse – South Portland landmark. Parking by the Portland Harbor Museum & the public may walk out on the breakwater to the lighthouse.
Call for visiting hours and specifics (207) 699-2676
- --Portland Headlight & Museum – Maine's oldest lighthouse. Commissioned by George Washington in 1791. Adjacent to Fort Williams Park. Large grounds with picnic facilities and museum on the premises. 1000 Shore Rd. (off Rt. 77) Cape Elizabeth. 799-2661.
--Wood Island Lighthouse – The lighthouse is closed to the public, but the Friends of Wood Island Lighthouse gives small group tours.
- AREA SHOPPING AND ANTIQUES
- -- Beach-o-l-o-g-y - - http://beachologystore.com/our-story, 38 Old Orchard St, OOB 207-937-3334
This store’s concept is a fusion of Made in Maine products and other great gift items.
--Board Silly Puzzles & Games - a fun filled shopping experience is offered to ‘kids’ of all ages. 44 Old Orchard Street Unit 3, Old Orchard Beach, 934-4020
--Cascade Flea Market – Flea Market - Rt One. 885 Portland Road, Saco, Maine. 207-282-8875
--Cottage Designs Gift Shop – Maine Crafts and Gifts, 71 Seaside Avenue, Ocean Park, 934-4811
--Dickinson's Candy – A Candy lovers dream. 42 Old Orchard Street, Old Orchard Beach, 934-7507
-- Kittery Outlets - Just 50 minutes south of Old Orchard Beach. Over 120 outlets and the Kittery Trading Post with savings of 20-70% daily. This shopping mecca is often referred to as “America's Maine Street for Outlet Shopping.”
--L.L. Bean - World famous and open 24/7, 365 days per year. 30 minutes north in Freeport. Freeport also offers over 100 outlet stores. 865-1212. Freeport Outlet
--The Maine Mall - Over 135 stores including restaurants, theaters and more. 364 Maine Mall Road, So. Portland. 774-0303.
--The Old Port - Portland's Historic District offers over 158 shops, 65 restaurants, 28 galleries, and numerous pubs. All located in a charming five block area lined with cobblestone streets on Portland’s historic waterfront. 400 Congress St., Portland. 772-6828.
With over ten 18-hole golf courses within 30 minutes of the famous Pier, Old Orchard Beach makes a great golf holiday!
The Dungrass Country Club
Willowdale Golf Club
Nonesuch Golf Club