Here's a list of things to do on and around Old Orchard Beach's 7 mile Beach. If you don't see anything you like, ask our staff! We'll gladly help you find something that suits your needs.
AREA ATTRACTIONS, RECREATION, BOWLING & MORE
-- Arundel Barn Playhouse - Summer Theater 20 minutes south of Old Orchard Beach just off Rt One. 53 Old Post Road. Arundel, Maine. 985-5552
--Biddeford-Saco Ice Arena Open to the Public Friday evenings (hours vary fall & winter), 283-0615.
--Portland SeaDogs 1.800.936.3647
Eastern League AA affiliate of the Boston Red Sox. Catch a game at Hadlock Field in Portland!
--Desert of Maine – Natural phenomenon, narrated tours, nature trails, museum. Open early May to mid October daily. 95 Desert Road, Freeport, 865-6962
--DownEast Duck Adventures
Splash into history on this fun narrated 65 minute adventure through Portland! 177 Commercial Street, Portland.
(207) 774-DUCK (3825)
--Farmers Market - Saco Valley Shopping Center Parking Lot. Every Wednesday and Saturday Morning in season.
--Happy Wheels Skate Center - Roller Skating Rink, Portland, 797-8207
- --Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad - Ride along Portland's waterfront in an historic narrow gauge. Fun for all ages. 58 Fore Street, Portland. 828-0814.
- --Mainely Tours - Daily excursions in the Portland area! Enjoy a fully narrated city tour (with a stop at The Lighthouse!), a 90-minute harbor cruise, plus shopping in the Old Port. 774-0808.
- --Balloons Rides - Hot Air Balloon Rides. 17 Freeman St, Portland. 1-800-952-2076
--Smiling Hill Farm – Dairy Market with homemade ice cream. Westbrook, 775-4818
- --Twentieth Century Lanes & Sports Bar - Biddeford, 284-0980
- --Vacationland Bowling & Recreation Center - Rt 1 Saco, 284-7386
- MINIATURE GOLF COURSES...
--Pirates Cove Adventure Golf - 36 holes of championship mini golf within walking distance of the beach. 70 First St., Old Orchard Beach, 934-5086.
- --Westerly Winds Golf Course and Sports Park – Miniature golf, plus driving range, swimming pool, batting cages, tennis, basketball, shuffleboard. 853 Cumberland Street, Westbrook. 854-9463
- WILD LIFE REFUGE, STATE PARKS, OUTDOOR WALKS
--Ferry Beach State Park - 117 acres of beach and nature trails. Off Route 9 in Saco. 283-0067.
- --Gilsland Farm - Maine Audubon Sanctuary offering trails, field trips and a gift shop. North of Portland in Falmouth off Route 1. 781-2330.
- --Maine Wildlife Park – Moose, Bear, Deer, Cougars, Eagles and more. Nature Trail and Displays. Rt 26, 56 Game Farm Road, Gray, 657-4977 (Exit 11 off the I-495, Maine Turnpike)
- --Rachel Carson Wildlife Preserve, Open sunrise to sunset for bird watching and self-guided tours. Rt 9 Kennebunk/Wells Town line. 646-1555.
- --Marginal Way Scenic Walk - Ogunquit one-mile path along coast. Ends in Perkins Cove.
--Cape Elizabeth Light/Two Lights State Park – Two lighthouses are perched atop the rocky shoreline. Off Rt. 77 in Cape Elizabeth.
- --Goat Island Lighthouse - Built in 1834. Best viewed from Cape Porpoise Pier.
--Spring Point Lighthouse – South Portland landmark. Parking by the Portland Harbor Museum & the public may walk out on the breakwater to the lighthouse.
Call for visiting hours and specifics (207) 699-2676
- --Portland Headlight & Museum – Maine's oldest lighthouse. Commissioned by George Washington in 1791. Adjacent to Fort Williams Park. Large grounds with picnic facilities and museum on the premises. 1000 Shore Rd. (off Rt. 77) Cape Elizabeth. 799-2661.
--Wood Island Lighthouse – The lighthouse is closed to the public, but the Friends of Wood Island Lighthouse gives small group tours.
- AREA SHOPPING
--Board Silly Puzzles & Games - a fun filled shopping experience is offered to ‘kids’ of all ages. 44 Old Orchard Street Unit 3, Old Orchard Beach, 934-4020
--Cascade Flea Market – Flea Market - Rt One. 885 Portland Road, Saco, Maine. 207-282-8875
--Cottage Designs Gift Shop – Maine Crafts and Gifts, 71 Seaside Avenue, Ocean Park, 934-4811
--Dickinson's Candy – A Candy lovers dream. 42 Old Orchard Street, Old Orchard Beach, 934-7507
-- Kittery Outlets - Just 50 minutes south of Old Orchard Beach. Over 120 outlets and the Kittery Trading Post with savings of 20-70% daily. This shopping mecca is often referred to as “America's Maine Street for Outlet Shopping.”
--L.L. Bean - World famous and open 24/7, 365 days per year. 30 minutes north in Freeport. Freeport also offers over 100 outlet stores. 865-1212. Freeport Outlet
- --The Maine Mall - Over 135 stores including restaurants, theaters and more. 364 Maine Mall Road, So. Portland. 774-0303.
- --The Old Port - Portland's Historic District offers over 158 shops, 65 restaurants, 28 galleries, and numerous pubs. All located in a charming five block area lined with cobblestone streets on Portland’s historic waterfront. 400 Congress St., Portland. 772-6828.
With over ten 18-hole golf courses within 30 minutes of the famous Pier, Old Orchard Beach makes a great golf holiday!